SamphireSTEM is the contract holder with STEMNET, which is funded by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills (BIS), for the management and coordination of STEM Ambassadors across Coventry and Warwickshire. We are pleased to announce that the contract currently runs through to the end of September 2016.
STEMNET’s vision is to increase young people’s choices and chances through science, technology, engineering, and mathematics.
As coordinators of the STEM Ambassadors’ programme across Coventry and Warwickshire, we:
- Identify professionals with STEM skills to become STEM Ambassadors
- Link STEM Ambassadors with local schools and colleges to act as role models and help inspire and engage young people about the value of STEM in their daily lives
- Help local STEM employers engage with schools and colleges in their communities.
Advice is FREE
Ambassadors are FREE
Inspiring the next generation is PRICELESS
We also support STEM by:
- Offering advice and guidance to teachers on schemes available to them
- Facilitating links with contacts or organisations best suited to meeting teachers’ specific needs
- Helping organise industry visits and placements for students and teachers